I spent some time in analyzing about 2 millions tweets post on weibo.com from May 21th to 31st, 2012.
I don’t want to talk about the techniques in detail because that’s gonna take too long. If you have further interests, contact me or leave a message.
Just for fun~
1. Distributions of posts in a day. What is the most active hour?
Answer: 12 o’clock
2. What do people do in different hours?
3. What are hot in each day?
2012-05-31： 喜之郎/果肉，吸烟(smoke – World No Tobacco Day)
4. How long will the hot topics last? (for example: 2012-05-22, Bryant/Thunder)
People are just so easy to forget. Hot topics just disappear in 3 – 4 days.
5. What do people think when speaking of the Chinese Communist Party(CCP)?
执政(be in power) 独裁(dictatorship) 推翻(subvert) 专政(dictatorship)腐败(corruption) 社会主义(socialism) 人民(people) 毛泽东思想(Maoism) 利益(benefit) 人权(human rights) 掠夺(plunder) 既得利益(vested interests) 公信力(public credibility) 中南海(Zhongnanhai) 百姓(people) 农民(farmer) 土地(land) 征地(land acquisition) 开发商(real estate developers) 官商勾结(collusion between officials and businessmen) 谋利(make profit) 拆迁(relocation) 资本主义(capitalism) 公仆(public servant) 民众(people) 治国(administer a country) 国民(national) 拥护(support)
6. What time is the happiest time in a day?
(How happy are people hourly， 一天中啥时候最开心呢？)
Wait! Let’s go back to the first topic – Distributions of posts per hour
It seems like these two graphs are similar huh? lol
People are more likely to share good things of them.
Now I’ve got a happiness baseline of average people. It must be abnormal if this person is always being either too positive or too negative.
7. I am just being the one that I want you to see